Social Activity Companion
Help bring some joy through supporting clients to engage in fun activities!
We're looking for fun and enthusiastic Social Activity Companions to join the Social Connections team!
Brotherhood of St Laurence Aged Care services work with older people living with disadvantage, creating safe spaces, and providing services to maximise quality of life. Our social hubs provide a warm and welcoming place to visit, whether it be to attend a program, join a group, participate in an event or to receive guidance from a member of our team.
What will I do?
- Spending dedicated time and providing companionship to clients
- Engaging clients in good conversation
- Assisting clients with participating in activities if they wish
- Assisting staff and clients with group outings and events
All role-specific training will be provided by BSL.
Volunteers will also need to complete the appropriate background checks and COVID training prior to starting in the role.
We are looking for people who:
- Enjoy socialising and engaging and talking with all sorts of people
- Really love to have a chat!
- Have a genuine interest in working with and supporting older people
- Have well-developed and adaptable interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a high level of patience, compassion and an understanding of challenges related to aging
- Can remain calm and patient around varying behaviours
- Can work well with others and take direction from staff
- Are willing to understand and uphold the values and ideals of the Brotherhood.
How do I apply?
1. Understand if you’re eligible
We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome the unique contributions of all people. We embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, gender identity and people with disabilities to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we work within.
We embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contribution to our organisation.
2. Submit your application
Already a BSL Volunteer and want to apply?