Creating Futures for Youth
Creating Futures for Youth empowers young people to pursue their career goals and build their capacity to work or undertake further learning.
We support young people aged 16 to 25 who are disengaged from study and/or work. Due to impacts of COVID-19 we now support young people in Melbourne’s northern region and the western region.
The program offers the following:
- individual career planning
- workshops that focus on practical training in a supportive environment
- work ‘tasters’ that include tours of different workplaces and conversations with people from various industries
- work experience and volunteering opportunities
- ongoing support after the program for six months or more.
Who is eligible?
Young people may be eligible if they:
- Are aged 16 – 24 years
- Live in Melbourne's western or northern regions
- Are not not engaged with work or study
Creating Futures for Youth is based in Sunshine with our partner Foundation House, and in Broadmeadows.
Employment and industry partnerships are essential to this program. They provide young people in the program with exposure to different career paths and help them build their community networks. Employers can get involved by:
- sharing industry knowledge and insights into workplace expectations, through guest speaking or mentoring
- participating in workshops such as interview skills training and mock interviews
- offering opportunities for work tasters, work experience, traineeships, and job opportunities
- providing links and contacts to increase employment prospects for young people.