Social Media Community Guidelines
The Brotherhood of St. Laurence (BSL) and its various programs use a number of social media channels as part of its communications activities.
These channels include:
BSL welcomes commentary, opinion and reaction to content published on BSL social media channels. It is important that our online environments remain an open and safe space for users to contribute and communicate openly and without harassment.
By engaging (commenting, sharing and reacting) on BSL social media channels, we ask that you:
- Be inclusive, polite and respectful
- Protect your personal privacy, and that of others, by not including personal information of yourself or others (e.g: email addresses, physical addresses, phone numbers or names). If we require your details in order to contact you regarding one of our programs, we will send you a private inbox message on the respective social media platform.
- Do not post defamatory or discriminatory material, including content that discriminates against any socio-economic background, race, gender, sexual preference, disability, appearance or political opinion
- Do not post material that infringes the intellectual property right of others
- Do not post misleading information or misinformation
- Do not make threatening, unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organisations
- Do not post multiple versions of the same view, or post content that is irrelevant to the post topic
- Do not post unauthorised commercial solicitations (spam)
- Do not post swear words or other language likely to offend
If there is social media activity on any of our BSL channels that you find offensive, we ask that you report it to the social media moderator on the respective social media platforms via direct message.