$250 Power Saving Bonus
The $250 Power Saving Bonus is a payment from the Victorian Government for all Victorian households (a new round became available on 24 March 2023). Eligible Victorian households can receive one bonus each round.
How you can apply
You can access the current Power Saving Bonus in two ways:
- Do it yourself by applying online with Victorian Energy Compare
- If you would like assistance claiming the bonus, call us on (03) 9956 8850 or 1800 830 029 . Or fill in our online form .
- You must be a Victorian residential energy consumer (i.e. have a residential electricity account).
- You must be the account holder
- Only one payment is available per household
What you need to have when you apply:
- A recent electricity bill, either on paper or electronically (all pages of the bill).
- Payment can be made via cheque in the mail or electronic funds transfer (if you wish to provide your BSB and account number - optional).
Note: If you are on an embedded network, you can only receive the payment by cheque.
For more information please refer to the Victorian Government’s Frequently Asked Questions .
If you do not have electricity at your household, and purchase an alternative energy source, you may still be eligible -see Frequently Asked Questions https://compare.energy.vic.gov.au/
Please note: the Brotherhood of St. Laurence and our partners are assisting people to access the Power Saving Bonus. We do NOT set the eligibility for the Power Saving Bonus and have no control over who receives the payment.
BSL contact details:
- Phone: 03 9956 8850 or 1800 830 029
- Email: email@example.com